bb’s is an enthusiastic supporter of local businesses. We are always looking to meet local farmers and vendors in Jacksonville and the surrounding areas. Twinn Bridges Farms in Macclenny is a local favorite of bb’s, supplying our kitchen with a great variety of fresh produce and herbs. Jacksonville based Bold City Brewery is the newest addition to the bb’s family, with Killer Whale and Duke’s Ale added to our extensive bottled beer list. Last year we were added as a member of Slow Foods First Coast, an organization dedicated to supporting good, clean and fair food.
bb’s is grateful for our community and is an active member in giving back, having participated in many annual charity events such as, the Jay Fund, Festival d’Vine, Caring Chefs, and the ever exciting Food Fight.
- We have Jacksonville’s first Rooftop Herb Garden with fresh herbs, produce, and flowers
- All kitchen grease and excess cooking oils are recycled
- Chef Joshuas’ dishes feature many seasonal, organic, and local ingredients; including herbs from our rooftop garden
- bb’s recycles all paper, cardboard, glass, plastic and aluminum products, and is making every effort to eliminate the use of styrofoam.
- We have begun small scale composting of food waste.
- Take-out containers are biodegradable and made from unbleached, recycled content.
- We use programmable thermostats to control energy use.
- Menus are printed on recycled paper wherever possible.
- Our wine list includes superb organic and biodynamic selections.
- We use low-flow dishwashing spray valves and limit our dishwashing use to full racks.
- To conserve water, our restroom facilities use low flow automatic flushing toilets
- Low-energy LED lights are used for all exterior lighting with photocell sensing timers activated by darkness.
- When selecting seafood, we buy fresh locally caught, and follow sustainable fishing and farming standards to prevent overfishing and any harm to the environment.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!